WELCOME!!, and thank you greatly for your generous and continued support of MERC 2023!!
This sponsor portal is a starting point to assist with your organisation’s preparations for the MERC. Here you will find information on key dates and essential information to support your sponsorship of the event.
The MERC provides world-class emergency rescue training and skill-building opportunities for volunteer mines rescue teams and 2023 marks its lucky thirteenth year!
The role of our sponsors is integral to the success of the MERC and we acknowledge and thank our network of sponsors for your ongoing support.
If you have any queries, please contact Sue-Ellen Shaw at Partner&Prosper on 08 9443 3468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram
For your planning purposes, here are some handy dates and actions required to keep front and centre. We will continue to remind you of these in our ongoing communications, of course. Click here to download a pdf version to keep handy.
FRIDAY 11TH AUGUST – Marketing Assets checked
- You’ve checked the MERC Website and confirmed your logo and link to your company website are both correct, or
- you’ve sent us the necessary updates for us to change
- You’ve provided your approved content and imagery for MERC social media
FRIDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2023 – Merchandise Ordered (revised date!)
- Your Merchandise order has been submitted online and we have all your sizes and quantities
FRIDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2023 – Site Logistics confirmed
- Your marquee and space requirements are confirmed for the site plan including Public Liability forms
FRIDAY 1ST SEPTEMBER 2023 – Sponsor Sundowner tickets ordered
- You have RSVP’d your attendance to this event
THURSDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER 2023 – SPONSOR SUNDOWNER!
FRIDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2023 – Flipbook adverts (revised date!)
- Your advert for the digital flipbook is received
FRIDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2023 – Competition program adverts
- Platinum and Gold sponsors have provided their adverts for the competition program
FRIDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2023 – Awards Ceremony tickets finalised
- Your Award Dinner ticket RSVPs are finalised with the names of attendees and dietary requirements all registered
THURSDAY 23RD NOVEMBER 2023 – Site bumpin & Welcome sundowner!
FRIDAY 24TH – SUNDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2023 – MERC Competition!
SUNDAY 26TH NOVEMBER 2023 – Awards Ceremony!
ACTION 2.1 – Marketing Assets – due Friday 11th August 2023
This section is all about activating your sponsorship via the MERC website and social channels.
This is done via the online form below for you to check your logo and the link to your website, to make sure we’ve acknowledged your sponsorship and brand correctly.
Please note your logo will be used on other mediums, like programs, sponsor flip book, etc., so it is essential that we have this correct.
If you’re a Platinum or Gold sponsor, we would also like you to provide us with some approved content to publish via the MERC socials, a video or a photo, and some text! Help us to get your name out there!
DEADLINE – Friday 11th August 2023
ACTION 3.1 – Merchandise – Due Friday 1st September 2023
- Please see the table below for your entitlements and COMPLIMENTARY SPONSOR CODE.
- As part of your sponsorship, complimentary short-sleeved polo shirts + either a wide-brimmed hat or cap, are included as part of your sponsorship in accordance with your sponsorship level.
- Click the orange ORDER MERCH button below to order your merchandise. (Note, it will look like there is a charge for all merch, but this is negated once you enter your sponsor code at the end of the process)
- Click these links to see polo shirts and sizing, they are available in ladies, mens and childrens sizes.
- Additional polo shirts, can be purchased ($70 each), by credit card via the link.
- You can opt for either a one-sized wide-brimmed hat or a cap. Additional hats are not available for purchase.
DEADLINE: 1 SEPTEMBER 2023
|Silver / Welcome Sundowner
|In-Kind / Catering / Hat / Bottle / Bag
|Merchandise entitlements –
Short-sleeved Polo shirt + a hat or cap
ACTION 4.1 – Event Tickets
- Each sponsor is entitled to a number of complimentary tickets to the Sponsors Sundowner, the Welcome Sundowner, and the Awards Ceremony, in accordance with your sponsorship level.
- Please see the table below for your entitlements and sponsor code.
- Sponsor Sundowner event tickets must be booked online via the link.
- The link to book your tickets for the Welcome Sundowner and Awards Ceremony will be made available at a later date.
SPONSORS SUNDOWNER TICKETS DEADLINE: Friday 1st September 2023
WELCOME SUNDOWNER TICKET DEADLINE: Monday 13th November 2023
AWARDS CEREMONY TICKET DEADLINE: Friday 3rd November 2023
Sponsor Sundowner – 14 September 2023
Welcome Sundowner – 23 November 2023
Awards Ceremony – 26 November 2023
|Time: 4:30pm – 8:30pm
Venue: Beaumonde On The Point
Dress: Smart Casual
|Time: 5pm – 7:30pm
Venue: The Camfield Hall & Garden
Dress: Smart Casual
|Time: 6.30 pre-dinner drinks, 7.30pm official proceedings
Venue: Crown Perth
Dress: Black Tie
How many tickets am I entitled to?
|Catering / Merch
Here are some special offers available to you as a MERC attendee
- Crowne Plaza, Perth
- For stays 23-28 Nov 2023
- Standard rooms and King / Queen rooms available
- These rates are valid for bookings made from now until 15th Sept 2023
- Includes FOC breakfast for 1 person
- To make a booking please click this link to reserve your room at their discounted rates
- Metro Hotels – Perth and Perth City
- Valid for bookings made from now until 30 Nov 2023.
- For stays 1-30 Nov 2023
- Minimum length of stay: just 1 night
- To make a booking please go online to https://metrohotels.com.au/, select your preferred property, and input PROMO Code: MERC
- Crown Hotels, Burswood
- Join The Crown Perth inner circle to receive exclusive rates, room upgrades, late check-out, and other sales events direct to your inbox.
- It costs nothing to join and takes just a few minutes to sign up
- To make a booking, please click this link to get direct access to their offers
- Penguins Formal Wear
- 20% discount on suit hire. Mention MERC to qualify for this discount. Flyer linked.
- Labels on Loan
- $25 off dress hire. Mention MERC to qualify for this discount. Website.
ACTION 6.1 – Competition Site Logistics – due Friday 1st September 2023
Confirm your marquee requirements and site location at the Competition
The site plan is currently under design however there is some key information that we need to gather so that it can be finalised.
This relates to marquee/display sizes, branded vehicles, and any special specifications you might require relative to your display/demonstration for safety purposes.
Before clicking the link below, please have a copy of your Public Liability – Certificate of Currency ready to upload as well.
NOTE: the committee reserves the right to review and if necessary relocate signage/display and location of such relative to the level of Sponsorship procured.
DEADLINE: Friday 1 September 2023
ACTION 7.1 – Advertising & Promotions – due 6th October 2023
This section is to help you prepare and submit your promotional material for the Competition program and the Sponsor Flip Book.
The Competition Program will be provided in print and digital format, available via QR code across the grounds, and will include advertisements for Platinum and Gold sponsors, as well as information about this year’s competition, all sponsor logos, participating Teams, etc.
The Sponsor’s Flip Book is in digital format only, available via the website, and is your opportunity to provide an advert, any special promotions, recruitment campaigns, downloadable materials, etc. This is the environmental equivalent of providing gift bags/satchels.
To help you with the sizing, please download the advertising specifications here.
As a reminder or for inspiration, check out the Sponsor Flip Book from 2022.
» Click on the Promotions Form button below to upload your artwork for;
Sponsors Flip Book (A4, digital) +
Competition Program (A5, print and digital) (Platinum and Gold Sponsors only)
DEADLINE: 6 October 2023
Action 8 – AWARD CEREMONY
Please follow the link below to provide details of the person from your organisation who will be assisting in the presentation of the trophies. (Unfortunately due to time constraints there will not be an opportunity for your representative to address the audience)
Deadline: 4 November 2023
|Confined Space Scenario Award
|Emergency Response Team Readiness Scenario Award
|Firefighting & Breathing Apparatus Scenario Award
|Stewart & Heaton Clothing, Global Fire Solutions
|First Aid Scenario Award
|Parabellum International, Zoll
|Hazardous Materials Scenario Award
|SETS Enterprise, Europcar (AFSGroup)
|Road Crash Rescue Scenario Award
|Fire Rescue Safety Australia
|Vertical Rescue Scenario
|Riklan Emergency Management Services, Ferno Australia
|OVERALL FIRST PLACE AWARD
|WorkSafe Mines Safety
|OVERALL SECOND PLACE AWARD
|ISH24 Safety & Rescue
|OVERALL THIRD PLACE AWARD
|Raw Hire, Bundara West
|OVERALL BREATHING APPARATUS
|Draeger Australia, Pac Fire
|OVERALL FIRST AID
|Fire and Safety Australia
|OVERALL TEAM SAFETY
|4 Giants Group, MineARC Systems
|TEAM SPIRIT AWARD (CHEWIE)
|Baseline Onsite, Time Critical
|Core HS, Geomoby Pty Ltd
Below is a list of the 18 teams competing at the MERC in 2023. If you wish to reach out to the teams with offers, you can do this by sending an email to email@example.com and these will be circulated to the teams.
|BHP WAIO Combined
|BHP WAIO Womens
|FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
|FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
|FORTESCUE METALS GROUP
|Fortescue Northern Operations
|Newmont Boddington Gold
|Mount Magnet Gold
|Duketon Gold Project
|Supply Chain & Services
|West Pilbara Operations
|East Pilbara Operations
|Muja Power Station
|Garuda Mine Rescue Team
Since inception, MERC is proud to have supported a wide range of worthy charities with cumulative donations of more than $600,000
This year we have invited the teams to nominate a charity they wish to support. Any funds raised through MERC will be shared equally between the registered charities below.
With your help, we can make a difference and support charities that support the West Australian community!
This year, the teams nominated the following charities:
Visit the MERC Community Impact Portal to see how you can get involved and help us raise funds.