This team portal is a starting point to assist with your team’s preparations for the MERC. Here you will find information on key dates and essential documents to support your participation in the competition.
Your involvement is integral to the success of this event and we sincerely thank you for your support. The MERC provides world class emergency rescue training and skill building opportunities for volunteer mines rescue teams and 2023 marks it’s thirteenth year!
The role of our sponsors can not be underestimated in the success of the MERC and we acknowledge and thank our network of sponsors for their ongoing support.
If you have any queries, please contact Sue-Ellen Shaw at Partner&Prosper on 08 9443 3468 or email@example.com.
Facebook | LinkedIn | Instagram
This year is bound to be our biggest yet following the announcement of a 3-day competition
Welcome, and good luck to this year’s 18 competing Teams!
» Barto Gold
» BHP WAIO Combined
» BHP WAIO Womens
» FMG Western Hub
» FMG Chichester Operations
» FMG Northern Operations
» Newmont Boddington Gold
» Northern Star
» Pilbara Minerals – Pilgangoora ERT
» Ramelius Resources – Mount Magnet Gold
» Regis Resources – Duketon Gold Project
» Rio Tinto – Supply Chain & Services
» Rio Tinto – West Pilbara Operations
» Rio Tinto – East Pilbara Operations
» South 32 – Worsley Alumina
» Synergy – Muja Power Station
» Westgold Resources
» Pertapindo – Garuda Mine Rescue
Action 3.1 – Merchandise – Due Friday 1st September 2023
- Each team is eligible for eight (8) complimentary short-sleeved polo shirts plus eight (8) wide-brimmed hats or caps.
- Click these links to see polo shirts and sizing, they are available in ladies, mens and childrens sizes.
- Additional shirts can be purchased ($70 each) by credit card via the link or via a PO sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can opt for either a one-sized wide-brimmed hat or a cap. Additional hats are not available for purchase.
- Use the promotional code MERCTEAM when ordering your MERC team merchandise.
Deadline: 1 September 2023
Action 4.1 Competition Policies
Make sure you review these important policies and ensure your teams are aware
Since inception, MERC is proud to have supported a wide range of worthy charities with cumulative donations of more than $600,000
This year we have invited the teams to nominate a charity they wish to support. Any funds raised through MERC will be shared equally between the registered charities.
With your help, we can make a difference and support charities that support the West Australian community!
This year, the teams have nominated the following charities;
This will be a table format in alpha format (refer the list from the master teams list)
Step Seven – Attending MERC
» Here are some special offers offered to you:
Step 1 – Company & Team Information
» Visit the link to provide information on your company and team including:
- Certificate of Currency – Public Liability
- Certificate of Currency – Workers Compensation
- Marketing Manager name and contact details
- Company and ERT logo
- Individual or Team Bio and Photos
- Official Team Photo for use in the Competition Program and at the Awards Ceremony
Deadline: Deadline: 19 August 2022
Step 2 – Promotions
Download the advertising specifications.
Here is the Sponsor Flip Book from 2022.
» Follow the advertising link to upload your artwork.
Sponsors Flip Book (A4, digital)
Deadline: 14 September 2023
Competition Program (A5, printed) (Platinum and Gold Sponsor)
Deadline: 7 October 2023
Step Five – Event Tickets
- Each team receives eight complimentary tickets to attend the Welcome Sundowner. There are no additional tickets available to purchase and tickets must be ordered via the link.
- Please order your eight complimentary team tickets to the Awards Ceremony via the link.
- If you prefer, please complete and return this template to Suz George by email to email@example.com.
- Limited tickets are available to purchase to attend the Awards Ceremony, for $190 per person.
- Please forward this link to your guests to purchase their own tickets. Add the names of any additional guests, to the template to assist with the seating plan.
View the online order instructions here.
Deadline: 21 October 2022
</ br></ br>
Welcome Sundowner </ br>- 23 November 2023
Awards Ceremony – 26 November 2023
|Time: 5pm – 7:30pm
Venue: The Camfield Hall & Garden
Dress: Smart Casual
|Time: 6.30 pre-dinner drinks, 7.30pm official proceedings
Venue: Crown Perth
Dress: Black Tie
Please see below for an overview of the weekend program; a full comprehensive program is now available to download.
</ br></ br>
|Friday 25 November 2022
|» Team managers and captains briefing
» Access to grounds to set up designate team area
» Welcome Sundowner at The Camfield
|Sunday 27 November 2022» Event team briefings
» Teams will participate in scenarios and skills sessions
» Event open to the public
|Saturday 26 November 2022
|» Teams participate in scenarios and skills sessions
» Event is open to the public
» Demobilisation Plan
» Awards Ceremony at Crown Perth
Step Four – Final Team Details
» Follow the link to upload the signed Individual Team Member Disclaimer and Indemnity statement and notify us of any dietary requirements of each of your team members.
Deadline: 4 November 2022
Scenarios & Skills Sessions
The MERC is comprised of seven scenarios that are set up to simulate a real emergency and each scenario should be treated as such. The scenarios that are assessed include first aid, HAZMAT, confined space, fire fighting, vertical rescue, road crash rescue, ERT and hazard and risk.
Team Composition & Staging
The overall team consists of seven team members and a team manager. Each event will only require six team members, with the seventh member (reserve) observing. The competing team consists of six team members who are to muster at the event start point as a team prepared to respond to an emergency. This will mean dressed in appropriate PPE with the required equipment, except for that which is supplied at the event.
MERC will be holding skill stations as compulsory attendance training modules of the competition. These skill stations will be factored into each team’s timetable over the weekend. Teams will be notified if specific PPE is required.
Please note that each team is required to supply their own equipment for each of the seven events. If your team is unable to supply equipment, please advise the MERC Committee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 23 September.
Each team will be allocated:
- 10m x 10m area on the grounds
- 3m x 3m marquee
- 1x tear-drop banner with team name and logo
Additional team banners and mascots are welcome within the allocated team bay.
Equipment trailers can be parked adjacent to the team tent for the duration of the event.
Teams are requested to provide the following:
- Additional bottled water as required
- Chairs (a limited number of chairs will be available, it is preferred teams provide their own)
- Rubbish bags
MERC would not proceed without the support of the City of Perth and we would appreciate you acknowledging this by respecting the park and grounds. Star pickets are not to be used at Langley Park.
Teams are responsible for keeping their marquee free from rubbish. Bins will be located around the competition grounds.
Security will be on-site, out of competition hours, however it is recommended any equipment or valuables removed from the grounds.
Please note that in the interest of safety, participants and spectators are not permitted on the competition apparatus before or after the conclusion of daily events.
Catering & Hydration
All team members (eight) will be provided with lunch on Saturday and Sunday of the Competition.
Hot beverages, snacks, soft drinks and bottled water will be available for purchase, from onsite food vendors.
Please note that there will be recycling bins on the grounds. Any funds raised from recycling of bottles will be donated to the Blue Tree Project.
- Teams will have allocated parking for equipment trailers only.
- All other vehicles will need to be parked in the City of Perth car park located across from the grounds.
- Parking on the competition grounds is strictly prohibited and parking infringements will be issued to offending vehicles.
- The grounds will be fully fenced, with access only from the main entrance gate on Plain Street.
- Limited street parking bays are available on Terrace Road.
- The closest City of Perth carpark is located on Plain Street.
- Please note there is a cost associated with parking in the CBD.
For more information visit City of Perth Parking.
Friends & Family Attendance
MERC is a free event, open to the public. Family and friends are encouraged to attend the competition and observe events. Observers must stay behind the fenced areas and under no circumstances enter the secure scenario areas. Please inform family and friends of these regulations.
MERC will have an interactive display area, a mini expo and a dedicated kids’ area.
Please advise family and friends to come dressed for the outdoor event with hats, sunscreen and sunglasses. Scenarios will have stadium type seating available for watching the action.